Here’s how to make a tasty Mahi Mahi Stew in an Instant Pot. You’ll need fish, coconut milk, and chopped veggies. This easy and healthy dinner takes only 25 minutes to make. This is a great recipe for weeknights when you’re busy.
Seafood is one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot pressure cooker. The fish is always cooked just right, without getting too done. And while it’s cooking, you can trap any “fishy” smell in the pot so it doesn’t stink up your kitchen.
This recipe for fresh fish reminds me of one I ate a lot while on vacation in Hawaii. Whenever I make it at home, I remember how much I loved my tropical holiday.
If you’ve never cooked fish in an Instant Pot before, you’ll love how easy this recipe is. Mahi Mahi is cooked with tender veggies and flavorful coconut milk.
This is a tasty dinner that you can make in less than 30 minutes. Serve it over white rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice.
Why You Need This Recipe
- It’s very easy to make. If you chop your veggies ahead of time, you can just put everything in the Instant Pot and turn it on.
- Mahi mahi pieces can get dry when cooked in other ways, but when cooked in a pressure cooker, they stay moist.
- This recipe is easy to make your own. If you don’t like Mahi Mahi or don’t have any, you can also use halibut, cod, or salmon. When you cook fish next, try this.
Mahi mahi filets
Bell peppers & onions
Salt & pepper
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Use dry paper towels to dry the fish. Cut your mahi mahi fikkets into pieces that are easy to eat. You’ll also need to chop an onion and a couple of bell peppers.
For the exact items and amounts, please see the recipe card at the end of this post.
Mix the chopped fish and vegetables with one can of coconut milk, one cup of veggie broth, coconut sugar, salt, and black pepper in the bowl of your pressure cooker.
If you are on a low-carb, sugar-free, or Whole30 plan, just leave out the coconut sugar or use a sugar-free substitute.
Next, close the lid and set the timer to high pressure for 5 minutes.
When the time is up, use the quick release so the fish doesn’t cook too much.
Carefully take off the Instant Pot’s lid. Mix the ingredients together and serve the stew over white rice, brown rice, or cauliflower rice that has been sautéed.
I like to serve this with Instant Pot Basmati Rice.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for mahi-mahi as much as I do. It tastes great by itself, and you can also use it to make fish tacos.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- For this dish, you can use any white fish you like, like Mahi Mahi, halibut, cod, or even salmon. At grocery shops, look for fresh or frozen food that fits your budget.
- If you want, you can use light coconut milk instead. But for the best taste, use full-fat coconut milk.
- If you are on a low-sugar, low-carb, or Whole30 plan, leave out the coconut sugar.
- If you want, you can add a squeeze of fresh lemon juice or a few pieces of lemon to your cooked fish.
- If you don’t have vegetable broth, you can use chicken broth or even a cup of warm water instead.
Read more: Bavarian Cream and Berries Recipe